Thursday, January 24, 2013

Birdfest #2

Today was a birdwatcher's lucky day! We saw a TON of birds. Here's another list of the species we saw:

  • 0 House Finches (hooray!)
  • 1 Gray Squirrel (UGH!!!)
  • 1 Red-bellied Woodpecker
  • 1 Downy Woodpecker
  • 1 Brown Creeper (cool!)
  • 3 Northern Cardinals
  • 5 Black-capped Chickadees
  • 6 White-breasted Nuthatches
  • 20 or more Dark-eyed aka Slate Coloured Juncos (again with the Juncos!)
But there weren't as as many birds on the feeders as I might have expected. These are my favorite pictures:

There's a male Cardinal. Looking heroic, as usual


A cute little Junco
Now who can tell me what that is?
Aww, how cute!
It's the best (and only) picture I have of the Red-Belly
This is the second time I've ever seen a Brown Creeper!
Last time it was fall 2012
I just love Nuthatches. Have I ever told you that?
It's really, really, really hard to see, but sure enough, it's a Chickadee.
It practically posed for the making of the picture! The blurriness
is just frost on our super old window
A nice-looking female Cardinal
Normally, birds don't visit our birdbath in the dead of (snowless) winter,
but we got a water heater for our birdbath recently
Okay, last picture:
I got to see the male, but I didn't have my camera ready.
That's a lot of birds! I've never seen so many in my life! I hope you can have (so-called) birdfests like me. Happy birding!

-Mr. Bird

P.S.: Okay, I take it back. My camera isn't THAT terribly bad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment