Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Birdlog #5 - 02-04-14: Louis's tail, Rosa the House Finch & a Sibley calendar

Well, yesterday Louis lost his last bent tail feather. Now his new nickname is "Stubby."

Okay, so recently I updated the Named Animals page, and I found out there are two Rosas. They both have pinkeye in their left eyes. But, I found a way to tell them apart: the streaks on the real Rosa's breast contrast more against the drab brown-gray than the other one's do.


I got a Sibley's "The Birder's Year" calendar for Christmas. Today's bird is the American Flamingo. 
"These extremely tall, slender birds are found on broad expanses of shallow water. American Flamingo occurs naturally in North America; other species have been recorded as escapes from captivity."
I miss spring so much! I'm really excited to be a part of NestWatch again - I was last year.

End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment